March 25, 2020 Update:
Join UUFCC in doing our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community.
- Based on guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, UUFCC plans to continue “stay-at-home” services, meetings, and social gatherings through May 17, 2020.
- We will continue to connect with each other online and by telephone.
- The UUFCC building remains closed.
As you know, this is an ever-changing situation. Please look for updates via our website (www.uufcc.com),
Facebook (faceboook.com/UUCentreCounty) , email, and phone/voicemail. We have added the capacity to broadcast time-sensitive announcements by text message.
Please contact the CV Team at email@example.com any time you have information, questions or ideas to share.
March 12, 2020
Dear UUFCC Community,
After deep thought and careful consideration, this afternoon the Board of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Centre County, voted unanimously to close our building beginning at 5pm today, March 12, 2020 through March 29, 2020.
This letter and phone calls will notify our members and friends today. We are working on rescheduling important Fellowship events; and figuring out ways we can safely be together and stay in community. We are working towards using online tools and social media platforms to stay in touch and to organize avenues for us to help and support one another. We have also decided that the UUFCC staff will work remotely/from home.
Our decision was made after considering information from the UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association), the CDC (Center for Disease Control); several local organizations (including other faith communities, Penn State University and the State College Area School District). We have decided to act in the same way that those groups have, by taking actions to protect staff, members, friends and the State College community that we are all a part of.
What does this really mean?
1. All Services, Meetings and Events are cancelled. The UUFCC building is closed. Please do not try and access it at this time.
2. Rev. CTC is available for pastoral care, conversations and will continue the many facets of ministry that serve our congregation. She will visit people as able and needed. You can reach her on her office line 814.237.7605 (ext. 100) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Our Office Administrator, Michelle, who is here each weekday to greet people and answer questions is reachable too. She will continue to handle UUFCC calls, voicemail, the website and our ENews. She can be reached at email@example.com.
4. Ashley, our DLRE, is also available to meet your family’s RE needs, via phone and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Board members will reach out to hear your needs and ideas for staying in community over the next few weeks, both online and by other means.
Thank you for your understanding as we take these steps. We will keep you informed of any changes via our website (www.uufcc.com), email, F/book page (facebook.com/UUCentreCounty), ENews and telephone. Additionally, we promise to keep you informed about opportunities to help and support one another, even if we cannot be together in our usual ways.
Know this: UUFCC is not closed. Only the building is. Our community is caring and alive. We are not bound by brick and mortar walls. Please reach out and care for each other as often as possible.
In Faith and Fellowship,
The UUFCC Board
Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
NOTE: Please read this letter from UUA President, Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray: https://bit.ly/3aP0T7f